Monday, July 16, 2018

Tips on Taking your Wife or Girlfriend Fishing.


Tips on Taking your Wife or Girlfriend Fishing.



Take Your Wife Fishing


Originally, I was going to write an article on the Pros and Cons of taking your wife fishing. Then I became fully aware of how much I enjoy and depend on eating dinner every night. So here are some tips on taking your wife fishing.


Take your wife fishing
Wife and daughter fishing.



Have you ever taken your wife or girlfriend fishing? Been thinking about it? If your trying to spend some time with your special lady doing something you love and want to include her, bring her fishing.

When I first started bringing my wife fishing it seemed like she would go just to spend time with me. Over time she became better at casting, started catching more fish, was able to tie a loop knot, learned how to clean and fillet our catch but still to this day will not even touch a cricket.
Many women like to fish, my mom loves catching sac-a-lait, my mother in law loves to fish, my wife is starting to enjoy it more, and my daughter well she likes getting some sun and being outdoors with her dad.

The first thing I noticed
Other boaters take notice.  Seems like when my wife is with me other boaters go extra slow while passing. They even turn off their motors to talk to us. Sometimes when I am alone I must sit down so their wake doesn’t knock me out the boat.  Once, a gentleman even told us his sac-a-lait fishing spot. It must be her pink Zebco fishing pole.

You will have someone to help you launch the boat, pick up the anchor and take a photo of you with your catch. Yes, you will have to unsnag her line once, twice maybe a dozen times.

 Give her some tips on casting and make sure her equipment works, don’t give her the old hand me down rod and reel that gets tangled up all the time and doesn’t cast right.

  After we filled up a few ice chests with fish, she is now willing to fish more, makes a few more cast, stays a little longer without just giving up and tanning.

Make it fun for them. Spending a day fishing with your wife or girlfriend is great quality time together.

Take Your Wife Fishing!


Pack a lunch and call it a date. Eating a meal while watching the sun set on the water on one of Louisiana scenic cypress bayous can be a romantic evening.

Don’t make fun of them. Encouragement goes a long way. She will make mistakes.

Take photos of the fish they catch, post them on social media like Facebook so their friends can be jealous.
Tips on taking your wife fishing
Photo by Laura Hollier AKA my wife.


Keep it simple.
 Don’t overwhelm her with too much information the first few times out.  She doesn’t need to know a dozen knots. You don’t have to show her every frog in your tackle box and explain to her when to use each one.

My wife hates the cold.
 You may want to pick a nice sunny spring day to bring them out fishing.  Avoid raining days.
Take your girlfriend fishing

Keep it short the first time.
They may get bored if you take them on an all-day fishing trip.

Supplies.
 Yes, they do bring more stuff with them. Most of the time that’s a good thing. I sometimes need a clean wipe or sunscreen which is not part of my tackle box, but she brings it.

Bird watching and site seeing.
We often take for granted fishing alongside mother nature’s creations. This can make for some great photo opportunities.
How to take your wife fishing

Plan for bathroom breaks.
So, when you need to pee, and that morning coffee needs to come out you just whip it out and hang it over the side of the boat. What about your wife or girlfriend? How are they going to use the bathroom?

One time at Two o’clock bayou on a cold spring morning the wife and I were fishing, and she needed to pee.  She said, “before we leave this cove can you let me go on land?”  Sure. I slowly moved the boat towards the bank until I hit land and she stepped of the bow or tried to. I think as she stepped forward she pushed the boat back and started to do the splits until splash! I watched her in slow motion trying to grab a nearby vine as she went in I was thinking to myself she is going all the way under. I watched as her head and ball cap went under. She popped up quick and made her way up the bank. The water about 3 feet from shore must have been 5 feet deep. All I could say was “don’t panic” the look on her face as she turned around. Not only was she wet and cold but all her multiple layers, shirts and hoodie all wet.


Like a good husband I told her we would head back. But, like the great wife she is she refused and said, “no I will figure something out.”
She did have a blanket she brings to cover up during the boat ride, between that and my jacket I let her wear she made it work. Lesson learned.

Just another day on da Bayou,


3 comments:

  1. Lol! As another wife on the bayou, this gave me a good laugh. Part of the reason my husband married me is because I fish. 😂 When he wants to get on the really good side, he tells everyone I better than he is (I am...) You're right, though. A lady on a boat is sure to get you extra hands. For the bathroom? If she can't hang off the side, bring an extra bucket. If she's super fancy, they make lids that snap on to the buckets. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man you need to bring a hospital bed pan. Keep one in my boat at all times. Wife loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I've noticed is my friend I take fishing doesn't drink enough water because she doesn't want to go to the bathroom on the boat. BAD IDEA! Dehydration is a real threat in these high temperatures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

10 Tips on Fishing with kids.

10 Tips on Fishing with kids. Look at that smile. Tips on fishing with young kids. Introducing your kids, grand kids, nie...